“To really understand what’s going on in a network, one needs to analyze the traffic itself and also monitor the network the data is moved on. The first task is Plixer’s expertise while PRTG is focused on the infrastructure. By combining the two, network administrators gain valuable insight and it is hard for me to imagine how a professional network can be properly managed without both.” – Dirk Paessler, Founder, Paessler AG
Scrutinizer & PRTG Joint Solution Benefits
- Pivot quickly between the data available within PRTG and Scrutinizer when looking at specific devices
- Leverage PRTG to monitor your systems, devices, and applications while using Scrutinizer to analyze the traffic patterns they generate
- Achieve faster visibility across both the infrastructure and the network traffic that flows across it
- Gain insight for better troubleshooting of application performance problems
- Support rapid incident response for network and security events with deep visibility
- Look beyond top talkers and bandwidth utilization to gain deep traffic insight all the way to layer seven (application details, URL/URI, DNS, etc.)
- Run historical reports, going back in time to investigate any network flow, conversation, or transaction
Powerful End-to-End Monitoring and Investigation
PRTG combined with Scrutinizer’s network traffic flow and metadata analytics delivers a powerful end-to-end monitoring and investigation solution for the entire network infrastructure and the network traffic that flows across it. This powerful combination allows IT to keep everything running efficiently, meet the needs of end users, and achieve the business objectives of the organization.
Scrutinizer® is the foundation for Plixer’s network traffic analytics system. It stands out in the industry by offering the most scalable solution on the market, delivering the fastest reporting, and providing the richest data context available anywhere. Scrutinizer turns an existing multi-vendor network into a distributed sensor by centrally collecting all types of flows and metadata. This provides insight into 100% of all wired and wireless communications across the network. By supporting millions of flows per second, Scrutinizer delivers deep visibility and context into events that organizations can use to quickly identify root cause, minimize the impact of cyber threats, and optimize business application performance. IT teams can quickly view a DVR-like graphic replay of historical events, inclusive of granular, corresponding forensic details that lets them rapidly respond to network and security incidents. Scrutinizer quickly and accurately identifies network and security events such as malware, botnet communication, DNS abuse, low and slow data theft, and poor application performance.
Paessler AG’s award winning PRTG Network Monitor is a powerful, affordable and easy-to-use Unified Monitoring solution. It is a highly flexible and generic software for monitoring IT infrastructure, already in use at enterprises and organizations of all sizes and industries. Over 200,000 IT administrators in more than 170 countries rely on PRTG and gain peace of mind, confidence and convenience.