As more and more service providers move to IP-based networks, they are faced with assuring services over increasingly dynamic operating environments. Visibility into network usage, consumer behavior and application diversity across markets is critical for providers to optimize the infrastructure to support the quality of service that customers demand.
With Plixer Scrutinizer NetFlow & sFlow traffic analysis and IPFIX reporting, you will have the industry’s deepest levels of visibility, accountability, and measurability required for managing service delivery and the customer experience while ensuring and maintaining new multimedia applications, cloud and managed services, and advanced technologies like VoIP, video, and IP Multimedia Subsystems (IMS). This is all provided while Scrutinizer’s Multi-Tenancy capability provides your customers with a unique and secure reporting experience.line-break
5 Reasons Service Providers Choose Scrutinizer
- Advanced threat detection: NetFlow and flow analysis techniques provide a unique perspective on network traffic that can’t be found in traditional signature-based technologies such as UTMs, IPSs, and next-gen firewalls. For example, watching host traffic for odd communication ratios (e.g. flow volumes to byte and packet counts) can often lead to accurate detection of DDoS attacks. By comparing IP Addresses to host reputation databases, you can detect botnets that could be part of a larger Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) underway against the customer’s environment. Security-based flow analysis is a major differentiator for the MSSP that makes use of it.
- Scalable network auditing: large customers generate hundreds of thousands of log events, each describing some unique aspect of network and server access. High speed NetFlow collection technology such as that provided by Scrutinizer can offset the need for cumbersome syslog and SNMP-based logging strategies. And while some SIEM and log management solutions can accept NetFlow, MSSPs are warned against selling themselves short with checkbox NetFlow solutions.
- Flexible reporting: This separates the toys from the solutions. Advanced NetFlow collection technology can provide detailed reports on hosts, critical networks, incidents, and attackers. Determining who omits elements exported in NetFlow or IPFIX is quick way to shorten the list of NetFlow collector vendors you should consider.
- Service responsiveness and uptime: What is the end user experience to the MSSP’s cloud-based service portal? What is the round trip time? How do connection times to a resource compare to other customers? NetFlow through integration with such technologies as Cisco’s MediaNet provide this information in addition to everything else mentioned above.
- Ideal for a cloud-based MSSP: NetFlow and IPFIX are lightweight and can be transported anywhere—across WANs, through VPNs, and even from the customer’s routers directly to the MSSP. Unlike traditional packet capture technologies that require the MSSP to log into a device located at the customer premise, flows travel unidirectionally (like syslog or SNMP traps) and can be accessed locally at the MSSP.
Read one of our many case studies.