Technical Support Engineer
Plixer is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level support for our customers. You will work with computer networking and cybersecurity teams to take ownership of their requests and see problems through to resolution.
We pride ourselves upon providing a best-in-class support experience. You will be someone whom our customers trust and rely upon to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical questions and problems.
- Provide customer training
- Diagnose and troubleshoot our software and hardware solutions via phone, email, and chat
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues
- Write technical documentation
- Write blog entries
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years of work experience in a similar role providing technical support
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are critical. This position involves regularly writing blog entries, technical documentation, and direct interaction with customers. Your words will be the public face of Plixer, and we take that seriously.
- Superior troubleshooting skills are the true key to this job. A successful applicant will be able to isolate a problem, develop a hypothesis, and determine what will prove or disprove that hypothesis. Having all the answers is not critical; knowing what questions to ask is.
- Understanding of web-based application architecture and computer networking is a must. Our security & network intelligence platform runs on Linux, as well as uses the Apache web server and a PostgreSQL database.
- A self-motivated mindset and a drive to learn are critical within the Plixer corporate culture.
- BS in Computer Science
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Skilled/knowledgeable in:
- SQL databases
- TCP/IP stack
How to apply
To apply for the Technical Support Engineer position, please email your résumé to [email protected] and include “Technical Support Engineer” in the subject line.