Technical marketing engineer
Do you excel at translating technical information into compelling customer-focused value propositions? Do you love helping people solve problems with technology? If yes, then we are looking for you!
Plixer’s distinct approach to providing a single platform for network security and monitoring delivers the insight and analytics needed to manage the immense opportunities and risks of a digital business. When network and security teams access information from a shared platform, something unexpected happens. Hidden patterns emerge, anomalies stand out, and the teams start speaking the same language. Important insights become clear, leading to smarter decisions that make the organization safer and more efficient. Plixer has created a powerful platform for analyzing, evaluating, and visualizing the millions of conversations that cross networks every second.
Plixer is seeking a Technical Marketing Engineer with experience in translating technology functionality into compelling, customer-facing value propositions. Our ideal candidate will use this skillset to create customer-facing content and collateral that Plixer and VAR (value added reseller) sales professionals will use to move customers through the sales cycle.
- Create deliverables such as: blogs, design guides, reference architecture collateral, evaluation guides, application notes, technical white papers, presentations, videos, and demonstrations for our security and network intelligence solutions and products.
- Build and maintain a demonstration environment for our security solutions and products.
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required. Some travel required to support field and marketing activity.
- Support product launch activities and assist with tradeshows, conferences, and technical sales training or channel partner training activities.
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with technical RFPs and work with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, SEs, and Engineers as required.
- Work with Product Management to maintain competitive analysis content for sales.
Qualifications & experience
- Extensive customer and field experience are a must.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
- A record of accomplishment for tying technology features to customer value propositions.
- Extensive experience with enterprise networking and security products, with preferable experience in financial, healthcare, and retail vertical markets.
- 5+ years of prior experience as a technical marketing engineer, product marketer, or sales engineer is a must.
- Experience with protocols and technologies such as NetFlow, sFlow, J-Flow, IPFIX, JSON, and RESTful APIs.
- Software development or scripting capabilities required.
- A BS (business, marketing, or engineering preferred).
- Must be driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possessing a high level of integrity.
- Team player that works well in fast-paced, collaborative situations experiencing high rates of sales growth.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to work with all teams in the company.
How to apply
To apply for the Technical Marketing Engineer position, please email your résumé to [email protected] and include “Technical Marketing Engineer” in the subject line.