Regional sales engineer (Boston, MA)
Plixer’s distinct approach to providing a single platform for network security and monitoring delivers the insight and analytics needed to manage the immense opportunities and risks of a digital business. When network and security teams access information from a shared platform, something unexpected happens. Hidden patterns emerge, anomalies stand out, and the teams start speaking the same language. Important insights become clear, leading to smarter decisions that make the organization safer and more efficient. Plixer has created a powerful platform for analyzing, evaluating, and visualizing the millions of conversations that cross networks every second.
As a Sales Engineer (SE), you will play a critical role in partnership with your sales account manager(s) to create solution architecture and proposals that meet or exceed the customer’s requirements. You will be required to lead and engage throughout the sales life cycle, from discovering the customer’s needs to writing proposals, architecting and demonstrating solutions, building the customer’s trust, and leading the proof of concept to gain the technical win. Your sales focus will align with our Global 2000/Fortune 500 accounts. If you are comfortable having technical discussions with engineers and strategic business conversations with a CI(S)O, this may be your ideal opportunity.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Plixer’s product portfolio and competitor technologies
- Lead solution demonstrations for executive-level and prospective technical customers
- Assess prospective customers’ requirements/objectives and tailor Plixer’s technical and business value proposition to those needs during the demonstration
- Independently coordinate all aspects of technical product evaluations, from installation to helping prospective customers interpret/act on the many insights they’ll gain
- Lead architecture design discussions for deployment
- Prepare and present technical proposals and RFIs
- Capture feature requests and document for the Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams’ review
- Exhibit Plixer Scrutinizer at conferences, marketing events, and on-site meetings (when travel resumes)
- Remain cognizant of emerging threats, security trends, and new visibility technologies (e.g. SD-WAN)
- Help with post-implementation support for key customers
- Travel up to 50% of the time within the region (when travel resumes)
Qualifications & experience
- 5 – 10 years of experience with networking, network monitoring, or network security
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of NetFlow & IPFIX is a must
- Outstanding communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Authoritative knowledge of Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu) and familiarity with public cloud environments
- Experience in an outside regional role
How to apply
To apply for the regional sales engineer position, please email your résumé to [email protected] and include “Regional sales engineer” in the subject line.