Since 1999, Plixer has developed intelligent software that empowers enterprises to protect networks against cyberattacks. Plixer’s Network Detection and Response (NDR) platform is a dynamic network detection and response solution that collects and contextualizes metadata from every conversation that crosses the network—including physical, virtual, and cloud environments found in large, distributed, and complex multi-vendor environments.
As a Consulting Engineer, you will play a critical role in partnership with your account manager to create solution architectures and proposals that meet or exceed the customer’s requirements. You will be required to lead and engage throughout the sales life cycle, from discovering the customer’s needs to writing proposals, architecting and demonstrating solutions, building the customer’s trust, and leading the proof of concept to gain the technical win. Your sales focus will align with our Global 2000 accounts. If you are comfortable having technical discussions with engineers and strategic business conversations with a CI(S)O, this may be your ideal opportunity.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Plixer’s product portfolio and competitor technologies
- Lead solution demonstrations for executive-level and prospective technical customers
- Assess prospective customers’ requirements/objectives and tailor Plixer’s technical and business value proposition to those needs during the demonstration
- Independently coordinate all aspects of technical product evaluations, from installation to helping prospective customers interpret/act on the many insights they’ll gain
- Lead architecture design discussions for deployment
- Prepare and present technical proposals and RFIs
- Capture feature requests and document for the Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams’ review
- Exhibit Plixer’s solution portfolio at conferences, marketing events, and on-site meetings
- Remain cognizant of emerging threats, security trends, and new visibility technologies
- Perform onsite/remote training for key customers
- Help with post-implementation support for key customers
- Travel up to 50% of the time within the region
Qualifications & experience
- 8 – 12 years of experience with networking, network security, and/or network monitoring
- Demonstrable knowledge of NetFlow & IPFIX is a must
- Outstanding communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Authoritative knowledge of Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu) and familiarity with public cloud environments
How to apply
To apply for the consulting engineer position, please email your résumé to [email protected] and include “Consulting Engineer—Southeast” in the subject line.