Plixer is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with experience in enterprise software who can learn quickly, maintain focus, work collaboratively in an Agile environment and contribute to the improvement of our QA and release processes.
Members of our QA team work in a collaborative group environment to thoroughly test our products. This role involves working through various unique tasks on a daily basis, and team members are often expected to switch focus among a variety of testing areas as needed. QA team members often need to interact with product developers to verify any behaviors seen as potential issues/bugs. When new issues are found, team members are expected to create a detailed ticket for the issue, providing replication steps and any necessary preconditions.
Qualifications & experience
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge with various testing methodologies and techniques for enterprise software.
- Experience in testing a web-UI.
- Linux experience, including the ability to monitor and analyze various log files on a Linux system.
- Ability to follow and create detailed testcases. This includes areas such as summary, preconditions, steps, and expected results related to a given issue.
- Experience working in a virtualization environment (VMware, AWS, HyperV).
- Experience in network-related product testing. Familiarity with packet structure, flow data, etc.
- Ability to write up bugs with detailed steps to reproduce the issue found.
- Experience with GitLab or other bug-tracking systems (Jira, Bugzilla, etc).
- Experience working with a testcase management system of some kind. (Q-Test, TestLink, etc).
- PostgreSQL or other database experience.
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in test automation frameworks & tools (Selenium, Robot, Postman, etc).
- Python experience.
- Familiarity with Git repositories and pipelines.
- Experience with traffic/flow generation software.
How to apply
To apply for the SQA Engineer position, please email your résumé to ca[email protected] and include “SQA Engineer” in the subject line.