Good News! Plixer is growing and we have several positions open in Sales, Support and Software Development. Plixer International is one of the fastest growing network traffic monitoring companies in the industry. Founded in 1999, Plixer works with some of the largest networks in the world. Our solutions provide a holistic view of the entire enterprise regardless of equipment vendor. Our software engineers work directly with customers to ensure that the tools quickly help pin point bottlenecks and security threats.
Job Title – Technical Support
Provide technical support services for our web based network monitoring tools via telephone, email, chat, and web forums.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are critical. This position involves regular writing in our web forums, your words will be the public face of Plixer and we take that seriously.
- Understanding of web based application architecture is a must. Our apps run on Windows and Linux, use the Apache web server, and a MySQL database.
- A self motivated mindset and a drive to learn are critical within the Plixer corporate culture.
- Superior troubleshooting skills are the true key to this job. A successful applicant will be able to isolate a problem, develop a hypothesis, and determine what will prove or disprove that hypothesis. Having all the answers is not critical; knowing what questions to ask is.
Job Title – Software Developer
Plixer International is one of the fastest growing network performance measuring companies in the industry. Founded in 1999, Plixer works with some of the largest networks in the world. Our solutions provide a holistic view of the entire enterprise regardless of equipment vendor. Our software engineers work directly with customers to ensure that the tools quickly help pin point bottlenecks and security threats. We are searching for outstanding software developers to be responsible for developing innovative, reusable Web based tools for enterprise network troubleshooting. Our developers work closely with our project managers, strategists and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design, OS configuration and database administration are all elements of this position.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Engage in creative thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Develop, update, and maintain innovative and very technical software tools.
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- 1 year minimum experience working with: AJAX/JS, MySQL, Perl, PHP, C, MySQL (or other similar databases)
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to complete projects on time
- Desire to take ownership of development projects from start to finish
Job Title – Sales Development Representative
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you will play a key role in expanding our new customer base and supporting out fast growing business. You will be an integral part of the sales team working closely with the marketing and customer support teams. The SDR will initiate the first conversation with our potential customers and needs to make a positive impression through phone and email communication. You will have the opportunity to learn sales skills and technical knowledge that will pave the way to a great career.
- Educate and qualify new business opportunities via phone and email
- Work closely with Sales Account Executives to identify and uncover opportunities at target accounts
- Work closely with marketing to support successful outbound campaigns
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Track all prospecting and lead management activities in Maximizer (CRM)
- Minimum 1-2 year(s) experience in tele-sales, account management, or a minimum of an Associate’s Degree.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage time and resources effectively when working with a high volume of leads
- Superb communications skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated success of working independently
- Eagerness to learn new skills and technologies
- Desire to advance quickly and contribute to Plixer’s continued growth.
For a free 30 day trial of Scrutinizer, Download Now!