What’s that you say? You were cleaning the garage instead? If you weren’t able to attend this year, no worries, there’s always next year! FlowFest is a premiere NetFlow training event, hosted annually in the beautiful coastal town of Wells, Maine. (Thanks to everyone for the pictures!)
The 3-day training seminar, led by Scrutinizer’s product manager Michael Patterson, encouraged customer interaction during hands-on labs for live NetFlow troubleshooting on voice, video, and data traffic using hardware from numerous vendors.
Topics covered included:
• Basic NetFlow Configurations
• Advanced Flexible NetFlow (FnF) configurations
• Packet Analysis Vs. NetFlow Analysis
• Saving raw flows and aggregating data
• Filtering: both include and excluding data
• NetFlow from the Cisco ASA
• Deduplication of data
• NetFlow sampling
• NetFlow Templates, what they are for and how to use them
• Ingress Vs. Egress NetFlow and why use them
• Application Analysis with NetFlow
• Layer 2 Analysis including MAC addresses and VLANs
• ToS (DSCP) reporting
• NetFlow Latency reporting from several different vendors (e.g. RTT, Jitter, Latency, Packet loss and more)
• NetFlow Forensics and Network Behavior Analysis with NetFlow and IPFIX
• How to correctly dine on a Maine ‘lobstah’ and chow on local steamed clams!
For any additional questions email me directly, 24/7!