Forensic Investigation with Flow Data
The Scrutinizer System
Scrutinizer™ is at the foundation of the Plixer incident response and behavior analysis architecture. It is available as a physical or virtual appliance, or as a windows download. Scrutinizer performs the collection, threat detection, and reporting of all flow technologies on a single platform. It delivers real-time situational awareness into the applications and their historical behaviors on the network.
- Massive scalability, supporting dozens of distributed collectors
- Capable of archiving and analyzing several million flows per second
- Topology mapping with active links
- Deduplication and stitching across collectors
- A single flow collection system supporting over 2000 flow sources
- Collect up to 200,000 flows per second
- All flow technologies supported on a single system (i.e. NetFlow, sFlow, IPFIX, J-Flow, NetStream, etc.)
- Forensic audit trail reporting
- Threat Detection of odd traffic patterns
- Threat reputation support
- Threat Index™ indicates weighted threat severity over time.
- Archiving of raw data for decades
- Additional reports for Cisco, Palo Alto, Citrix and dozens of other vendors
- Behavior Baselines and alerting based on abnormalities, compared to historical trends
- Custom threat detection algorithms
- Integration with Cisco ISE, RADIUS, or Microsoft for end user name identification
- Design and build custom reports for exports from any vendor (e.g. Cisco NBAR, AVC, etc.)
- Support for hundreds of unique login accounts with access limited to specified data
- Billing and invoicing support
- Extends flow support in areas where NetFlow, sFlow, or IPFIX are not available
- Detailed metrics on applications, response times, and usernames
- Exports NetFlow and IPFIX
- Eases the forwarding of flows from routers, switches, or servers to multiple collection systems
- High speed architecture capable of 10GbE wire speeds
- Leaves the originator address in tact
- Available as in hardware or as virtual appliance
Third Party Support and Cross Check is part of Advanced Reporting. It consolidates application alerts or errors and helps alleviate device naming inconsistencies between applications. The status of 3rd party applications is reflected in the Scrutinizer network maps.
Flowalyzer™: Real-Time Tool Kit for testing and configuring hardware or software for sending and receiving flow data.
Failover: For mission critical 100% availability.
Recent NetFlow Analysis Blog Entries
With the exhaustion of IPv4 addresses, the need to switch to IPv6 is inevitable and has been for many years. As your company makes the switch to IPv6, don’t forget NetFlow collector’s IPv6 support. I’m not only talking about the ability of your NetFlow collector to report on IPv6 conversations, but also the ability to […]
The post NetFlow Collector IPv6 Support appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
When you log into your NetFlow Analyzer, it may be shocking to find one of your core devices is saying “no flows received”. I’ve seen this in support and know that it is important to have your devices sending NetFlow data to your collector at all times. I’ve found that the best way to uncover […]
The post NetFlow Analyzer No Flows Received appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
Are you looking to report on Cisco QoS Queue Drops? Before I explain how to do this, keep in mind that this feature is supported on ISR-G2 with Performance Agent, starting from IOS 15.2(4)M2. Now, if you’re new to QoS Queue Drops and don’t understand why someone would want to report on this, read on. […]
The post Reporting on Cisco QoS Queue Drops appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
Recently, I discovered that the HP 6600 Router Series has support for NetFlow. If you search for HP 6600 NetFlow Support, though, you don’t find much. This is because HP’s version of NetFlow is called NetStream (likely from their acquisition of 3Com). I first learned about this when I browsed HP’s website to see if […]
The post HP 6600 NetFlow Support appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
"We have used Scrutinizer on multiple troubleshooting opportunities to isolate what type of traffic was causing the heavy utilization and also what offending devices were doing it. Scrutinizer has more than lived up to its expectations."
Danny, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp