Distributed Collection System: Central Interface
Scrutinizer is a massively scalable system for both incident response and threat detection. Even when the environment is a mixture of both physical and virtual networks, the distributed architecture provides the insight required to effectively respond to performance and security issues. Here are some key distributed flow collection features:
- Scales to several million flows per second across dozens of collectors
- Supports over 100,000 flow-exporting devices (e.g. routers)
- A central UI for viewing interfaces and collecting alarms across all collectors
- A single search function for finding end systems by IP address or username
- Gain contextual details like username via integration with Microsoft Active Directory, Cisco ISE, and most other authentication systems
By distributing flow collection, behavioral-based threat detection and performance monitoring can be done locally at each geographical location. Events, however, are collected and correlated at the central servers.
The Scrutinizer Distributed Architecture improves:
- Incident response times, improving internal support
- Contextual awareness, ensuring that you have all the details needed to make an informed decision
- Change management, improving smoother transitions
- Resource allocation and capacity planning, optimizing how money is spent
Network operation and security teams are provided with the very best; Scrutinizer is an award-winning flow collection system.
Jan Sijp, Director of Product Management – Dell.com