Forensic Investigation with Flow Data
The Scrutinizer System
Scrutinizer™ is at the foundation of the Plixer incident response and behavior analysis architecture. It is available as a physical or virtual appliance, or as a windows download. Scrutinizer performs the collection, threat detection, and reporting of all flow technologies on a single platform. It delivers real-time situational awareness into the applications and their historical behaviors on the network.
- Massive scalability, supporting dozens of distributed collectors
- Capable of archiving and analyzing several million flows per second
- Topology mapping with active links
- Deduplication and stitching across collectors
- A single flow collection system supporting over 2000 flow sources
- Collect up to 200,000 flows per second
- All flow technologies supported on a single system (i.e. NetFlow, sFlow, IPFIX, J-Flow, NetStream, etc.)
- Forensic audit trail reporting
- Threat Detection of odd traffic patterns
- Threat reputation support
- Threat Index™ indicates weighted threat severity over time.
- Archiving of raw data for decades
- Additional reports for Cisco, Palo Alto, Citrix and dozens of other vendors
- Behavior Baselines and alerting based on abnormalities, compared to historical trends
- Custom threat detection algorithms
- Integration with Cisco ISE, RADIUS, or Microsoft for end user name identification
- Design and build custom reports for exports from any vendor (e.g. Cisco NBAR, AVC, etc.)
- Support for hundreds of unique login accounts with access limited to specified data
- Billing and invoicing support
- Extends flow support in areas where NetFlow, sFlow, or IPFIX are not available
- Detailed metrics on applications, response times, and usernames
- Exports NetFlow and IPFIX
- Eases the forwarding of flows from routers, switches, or servers to multiple collection systems
- High speed architecture capable of 10GbE wire speeds
- Leaves the originator address in tact
- Available as in hardware or as virtual appliance
Third Party Support and Cross Check is part of Advanced Reporting. It consolidates application alerts or errors and helps alleviate device naming inconsistencies between applications. The status of 3rd party applications is reflected in the Scrutinizer network maps.
Flowalyzer™: Real-Time Tool Kit for testing and configuring hardware or software for sending and receiving flow data.
Failover: For mission critical 100% availability.
Recent NetFlow Analysis Blog Entries
We used to be proactive and assume that the firewall and anti-virus were protecting us. This was a pretty reliable defense method against cyber-attacks because nearly all infections immediately made their presence known by wreaking havoc with either the local computer or with the network. That isn’t so much the case anymore. We have entered […]
The post Assume all Networks are infected appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
As a continuation of our Network Security series, I wanted to write a blog on detecting network scans using NetFlow and IPFIX. Since a network scan is often the first step in identifying vulnerabilities on a target’s network it is usually the best place to start in detection. Since there are numerous types of network scans […]
The post Detecting Network Scans using NetFlow appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) is a system that provides control of remote equipment. Such equipment, including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, however, has been found to be connected to the Internet in some cases with inadequate security. This, understandably, provides hackers with a potential gateway to critical corporate systems. Cloud security […]
The post Securing SCADA systems with NetFlow appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
Enterprise wide WAN optimization reporting is now available from Citrix CloudBridge with a new configuration option that offers IPFIX support. With the expansion of branch offices, addition of applications like VoIP and video, and data center consolidation, today’s networks are seeing more WAN traffic than ever. This means more focus on the WAN capabilities. The […]
The post Citrix CloudBridge IPFIX Support appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
"We have used Scrutinizer on multiple troubleshooting opportunities to isolate what type of traffic was causing the heavy utilization and also what offending devices were doing it. Scrutinizer has more than lived up to its expectations."
Danny, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp