Forensic Investigation with Flow Data
The Scrutinizer System
Scrutinizer™ is at the foundation of the Plixer incident response and behavior analysis architecture. It is available as a physical or virtual appliance, or as a windows download. Scrutinizer performs the collection, threat detection, and reporting of all flow technologies on a single platform. It delivers real-time situational awareness into the applications and their historical behaviors on the network.
- Massive scalability, supporting dozens of distributed collectors
- Capable of archiving and analyzing several million flows per second
- Topology mapping with active links
- Deduplication and stitching across collectors
- A single flow collection system supporting over 2000 flow sources
- Collect up to 200,000 flows per second
- All flow technologies supported on a single system (i.e. NetFlow, sFlow, IPFIX, J-Flow, NetStream, etc.)
- Forensic audit trail reporting
- Threat Detection of odd traffic patterns
- Threat reputation support
- Threat Index™ indicates weighted threat severity over time.
- Archiving of raw data for decades
- Additional reports for Cisco, Palo Alto, Citrix and dozens of other vendors
- Behavior Baselines and alerting based on abnormalities, compared to historical trends
- Custom threat detection algorithms
- Integration with Cisco ISE, RADIUS, or Microsoft for end user name identification
- Design and build custom reports for exports from any vendor (e.g. Cisco NBAR, AVC, etc.)
- Support for hundreds of unique login accounts with access limited to specified data
- Billing and invoicing support
- Extends flow support in areas where NetFlow, sFlow, or IPFIX are not available
- Detailed metrics on applications, response times, and usernames
- Exports NetFlow and IPFIX
- Eases the forwarding of flows from routers, switches, or servers to multiple collection systems
- High speed architecture capable of 10GbE wire speeds
- Leaves the originator address in tact
- Available as in hardware or as virtual appliance
Third Party Support and Cross Check is part of Advanced Reporting. It consolidates application alerts or errors and helps alleviate device naming inconsistencies between applications. The status of 3rd party applications is reflected in the Scrutinizer network maps.
Flowalyzer™: Real-Time Tool Kit for testing and configuring hardware or software for sending and receiving flow data.
Failover: For mission critical 100% availability.
Recent NetFlow Analysis Blog Entries
Today, I want to discuss how you can use NetFlow for detecting malicious traffic on your network. With all of the recent malware outbreaks the network security tools and solutions put in place are becoming more and more critical. Alongside client Anti-Virus, corporate firewalls, and content filtering, malware can sometimes slip through all of that and still […]
The post Network Security: Detecting Malicious Traffic with NetFlow appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
I have recently had a number of customers ask me about Procera’s IPFIX support, and how to get flow monitoring configured so that they can get visibility into the traffic traversing their Procera Packetlogic systems. Procera’s PacketLogic identification engine uses Deep Flow Inspection (DFI) to learn and identify a number of different network traffic properties. […]
The post Procera IPFIX Support appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
Due to potentially steep fines and loss of customer good will, retail and financial services companies are guardedly concerned about PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance. The PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of prescriptive data security specifications laid out to ensure the safe handling of cardholder information at every stage. The PCI […]
The post PCI DSS Compliance appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
You know that your company is carrying infections that your threat detection systems haven’t unearthed. Malware is sitting on a host in some corner of the network waiting for the time when it has to check in again with the Command and Control (C&C) server out on the internet. If instructions are given, it will […]
The post 4 Key Focuses of Cyber Attack Incident Response appeared first on NetFlowKnights.com.
"We have used Scrutinizer on multiple troubleshooting opportunities to isolate what type of traffic was causing the heavy utilization and also what offending devices were doing it. Scrutinizer has more than lived up to its expectations."
Danny, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp