New Appliance Aggregates NetFlow, IPFIX, SNMP Taps, Syslogs for Distributed NetFlow
Sanford, Maine August 2, 2012 Plixer International, Inc., a leading provider of NetFlow-based network traffic reporting and threat detection technology, today announced a high-speed NetFlow Replicator appliance. The new appliance aggregates NetFlow, IPFIX, SNMP traps, syslogs and other UDP-based log formats for duplication to one or more log collection systems, simplifying administrators tasks by automatically allocating the NetFlow load across a distributed NetFlow solution.
The NetFlow Replicator is an all-inclusive network appliance, equipped with a simple, web-based user interface for configuring and administering. While most routers, servers, and other systems available on the market today can only send messages to a single log management system, the new NetFlow Replicator allows a single stream of log data to be transparently replicated to multiple destinations. Additional NetFlow Replicator features include:
- Deterministic Packet Forwarding (DPS) - detects when the destination hosts are offline, stops forwarding traffic, and only sends packets to management stations that are operational.
- Simplified Network Configurations provides a single IP to which all routers and servers can send their log data.
- Reduced Network Traffic reducing the amount of load on routers and switches.
- Enabled Management Station Redundancy - sending logs to multiple destinations simultaneously.
Additionally, enterprise organizations using the Replicator can easily meet regulatory compliance by ensuring a backup of all system messages and notifications for audits. Marc Bilodeau, Vice President of Engineering, Plixer International, elaborates, "As NetFlow technology is fast becoming an integral part of network and security operations as well as HIPPA and PCI compliance, enterprises need to deliver flows to multiple systems. The NetFlow Replicator provides a reliable, appliance-based mechanism for delivering logs to the systems that need them."
The NetFlow Replicator and Scrutinizer are one hundred percent web-based tools, and combined, provide:
- Detection of a wide range of network threats including APTs, employee misuse, DoS attacks, and even data leakage.
- Security audit trails of all network traffic and behaviors, enabling rapid reaction to network incidents.
- Detailed network utilization reports that provide insight into users, applications, and network devices.
- The ability to divide and conquer the huge flow volumes in a distributed flow collector environment.
Scrutinizer is designed to peer deep into the network enabling the network administrator to easily see where threats are originating and how the network is being used reducing the Mean Time to Know (MTTK) about a potential threat streamlining IT's Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) the issue.
"The NetFlow Replicator equipped with features such as Deterministic Packet Forwarding, illustrates Plixer's continued innovation in the network flow analysis sector. We're proud to introduce this product to marke" said Mike Patterson, CEO, Co-Founder of Plixer.
About Plixer International, Inc.
Plixer International, Inc. develops and markets network traffic monitoring and analysis tools to the global market. All of the tools are built from the ground up with valuable feature sets and ease of use in mind. Plixer tools have been used to analyze and troubleshoot irregular traffic patterns by IT professionals with some of the largest networks in the world, such as CNN, The Coca-Cola Company, Lockheed Martin, IBM, Regal Cinemas, Raytheon, and Eddie Bauer.
For product and sales information, contact Plixer International, Inc. at 207.324.8805, or visit http://www.plixer.com.