Keeping an eye on voice communications has become a paramount concern now that the corporate network has become the medium for VoIP traffic
Cisco VoIP Statistics
Denika™ polls Cisco devices for VoIP monitoring. Statistics on MOS (mean opinion score), jitter, latency, packet loss and more are gathered and available for historical trending.
Monitor via simulating SIP calls
Denika™ can routinely simulate SIP calls and send error messages via Syslog. Monitoring can involve calling an actual telephone number, waiting for pickup and then gracefully taking down the call for a successful health check.
Support for Cisco IP SLA allows for distributed response time monitoring without the need for expensive probes. Also, Denika™ supports SNMPv2 and because of this, you can auto discover Cisco's NBAR MIB and get information on over 70 different applications.
Cisco IP SLA (formally SAA)
Viewing data as seen from a central location is only partially beneficial. Denika™ will work with your existing Cisco routers and switches, without deploying probes, to gather response time from multiple points around the network. In short, with Denika™ we can use your existing Cisco routers to perform the following:
- UDP Echo measures the response time from the Cisco router to any IP device.
- Jitter measures direct packet loss and Jitter. Jitter is inter-packet delay variance. It is very important when utilizing VoIP/Video.
- HTTP measures Round Trip Time (RTT) taken to connect and access data from an HTTP server (i.e. transaction time RTT).
- TCP Connect RTT
- DHCP measures the RTT taken to discover a DHCP server and obtain a lease from it. The IP address is then released.
- DLS+ measures the DLSw+ protocol stack and the network response time between DLSw peers.
- DNS measures the response time by taking the difference between the time token to send DNS requests and receiving a reply.
Need to know what your ping latency was from your Internet router to your company website yesterday afternoon? No problem! Stat Center has everything you need to deliver true application performance analysis.
Please review the Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreements User Guide for information on configuring Cisco's IP SLA Technology.
Denika™ integrates with Scrutinizer for even greater VoIP analysis.