Denika™ is an easy to use Windows application for monitoring and trending bandwidth usage. It provides historical trends and real-time information on the status of network devices. The most common use is bandwidth utilization. However, it can be used to trend CPU, memory, hard drive space, sysUpTime, and any other SNMP OID, including non-SNMP variables (e.g. script monitoring for database activity).
One tool, many ways to view your data.
Denika Performance Trender™, a 100% Web-based solution, is a capacity and resource trending tool that seamlessly integrates with WhatsUp Gold. Out-of-the-box, Denika™ automates and provides the leading indicator reports on bandwidth consumption/availability, disk space usage, CPU and memory utilization as well as non-SNMP gathered data. It provides:
- The ability to globally set thresholds for minimum and maximum amounts.
Note: Thresholds can be set in the free version, but it is done on an individual report basis.
- Real-time graphs, which update every second to show live trends.
- The ability to view the TOPn reports per report type. This is useful when trying to identify the devices with the busiest CPUs or the interfaces seeing the highest percent utilization.
- TOPn tab that consolidates your TOPn reports into an easy to read, top-level view.
Use Denika™ to schedule your favorite reports and trends, which can then be emailed to end users on a regular time interval. Easy to set up and easy to use, now Denika™ allows users to keep tabs on their network just by checking their email.
Denika™ is not limited to SNMP. It is also capable of script monitoring to check database availability, tables sizes or even query response times.
Our Service Level Reporting capabilities include:
- Track application and network downtime Generate historical response time and availability reports on a per-device basis: hour by hour, day by day, week by week, month by month, etc.
- Notification Escalation If something fails, Denika™, with the assistance of the free version of Logalot, notifies the primary contact. If this person does not respond quickly, it can notify either a designated backup person or an entire group.
- Group Notifications Define groups of individuals to be notified of network failures.
- Monitoring Applications Monitor popular applications and services such as Lotus Notes, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, MS Exchange, and more and restart them automatically if they fail.
- All from the Web Completely configured via a web browser. This allows you to be fully mobile and not stuck to a console.
At Plixer we believe strongly in best of breed solutions. Because of this we have designed Denika™ to easily integrate with many third party network monitoring applications.
"I use WhatsUp to monitor my routers, servers and applications, but needed something to show me how usage changed over time. Denika has proved an ideal solution. It is simple to install and configure, and monitors vital elements, such as CPU, memory, hard disk and network utilization. I expect it to become an essential part of the network manager's toolkit."
Gareth Williams, Thompson Heath & Bond Group